Even though I left England on Saturday December 15 I was not headed home just yet. I was going to be spending a few days in New York with my cousins. I have never been to New York and have always wanted to go, so I was pretty stoked. My plane landed around 8pm and I couldn’t wait to see what the night held, however I had a problem on my hands. I got through security and baggage claim and now I had to find my cousin. The problem was that I did not know where to go and my phone was dead, not to mention that I had a 50 lbs duffel bag, whose should strap had broken. So I looked for Bill for a while and couldn’t find him so I started looking for an outlet, also could not find one. I asked a security guard, she was no help. Finally I found one that had an electronic check-in plugged into it but there was another outlet, however someone else had their phone plugged and they were no where to be found, so to search some more. I walked up and down the check in area about six times until I finally found one got my phone plugged in and found Bill.  We went back to their house on Staten Island, where his wife Michelle made some amazing food. Joanna, who is a senior in high school  had some of her friends over for a Christmas party. I spent the night talking with Bill and Michelle. Michelle and I walked their dog so that I could see some of the neighborhood, from one of the streets you could see the Liberty building and she told me that she was standing there on 9-11 and saw everything. It was a nice relaxing night. Sunday morning we watched some football and then decided that we should do something that afternoon. I asked if we could go to the 9-11 memorial and then they wanted to take me to Rockefeller center Time square and all those cool places.  We took the train then the Staten Island ferry and started a night of adventure. I had so much fun. I saw the Statue of Liberty,  and Ellis Island while I was on the ferry. We then started off with the 9-11 memorial. I have wanted to visit this place for so long and was very impressed by it. Bill knew some firefighters that had lost their lives on that day and we found their names. It was such a great place to remember and honor those who lost their lives on that day. We then went to Qdoba to eat because that is where Joanna wanted to and I did not have a problem with that. We then went to Rockefeller Center and saw all the Christmas decorations, the tree, and the ice skating rink. It was crowded but pretty awesome. We then Headed to Time Square, we walked around there for a while did some shopping and then headed home after a few hours. We got back and Michelle made another delicious dinner and then we just hung out for a while. We called it a semi-early night because Joanna had school the next day and I was flying out in the morning. Monday morning I said goodbye to Joanna when she left for school and then a few hours later Michelle took me to the airport so that I could finally be home.

I am so thankful that I got to spend a few days in New York with Family. It was such an awesome experience and I can not wait to go back for another visit.

“All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for reading my blog, I hope you enjoyed it!